Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Eat, drink and be merry

'Tis the season to have a lot of tasty treats in the house. We baked this year (and yes, even I baked) and several friends have given us plates of their holiday baking.

And I just keep snacking on them. Several times a day, I find myself wandering by the kitchen and grabbing a quick 'snack'. There's a reason I don't keep such things in my house most of the year -- because it's way too easy to simply walk by the kitchen and pick up a cookie/brownie/chocolate on my way to the rest of the house.

Pair that with the Egg Nog in the fridge, the bottles of wine, etc. in the bar and it looks like we have the makings of a yummy holiday season.

So, I've decided that instead of worrying about how much I eat and drink, my goal for this holiday season is to eat, drink and be merry. Or as the hubby says, eat, drink and get fat.

And then I'll start running again in January.

No comments: