As we were eating breakfast, (the yummy bacon and egg one for Mother's Day) Ryan said to me, 'sorry it isn't a little more peaceful'. (We were desperately trying to ignore the fighting going on in the other room.) My response, 'well this wouldn't be a special day for me if it wasn't for them'.
So, in honour of Mother's Day, one of the blogs I follow recently wrote this, and I thought it was funny enough to write my own version.
1. I love you.
3. I don't know.
4. Because. Just because.
5. Didn't you just finish eating?
6. Fine, what do you want for snack?
7. Play nice.
8. Can you sing me a song?
9. Thanks for being my big helper. (with emptying the dishwasher, doing the groceries, etc.)
10. No, we're not having pancakes/meatballs (again) for dinner.
11. You liked it last time I made it.
12. I'm really proud of you. (for whatever was just accomplished)
13. Yes, nap time.
14. Ok let's make a deal.
15. Five more minutes.
16. It's Austin/Alex's turn to use the Mickey/Minnie plate.
18. Can I have a big squishy hug?
19. Let's sit here and have a little snuggle.
20. Daddy's not home, it's (Monday/Tuesday/etc.)
21. I said no.
22. How do you ask?
23. What do you say?
24. Jammy time!
25. Night, night. Love you. Night, night.
And I wonder why some days I go insane from the lack of adult conversation.