Monday, June 07, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday - planting our garden

It's been awhile since I last posted a Muffin Tin Monday. It's not that we don't do Muffin Tin's anymore, quite the opposite. In fact, Alex asks for a muffin tin lunch pretty much every other day, but normally I just throw a bunch of stuff together -- or the kids choose a bunch of stuff to put in the tin.

Here though, is one of our most recent Muffin Tin's with a theme. It was right after we planted our vegetable garden out back and flower garden in the front so we came up with ideas from those activities.We have (top row) bread and butter flowers, raisins subbing in for dirt, grape tomatoes, (bottom row) cheese flowers, strawberries and blackberries (we actually have raspberries in our garden but the kids insisted on eating blackberries at this meal).

In our veggie garden (which I guess, technically is a vegetable and fruit garden) we also have tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, zuchnni, chives and cucumbers. If this year's gardening adventure turns out anything like last year's, it's going to be a yummy summer!

Check out more MTM here.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it!

We planted our first little garden this year. It's growing well, but I think the cantaloupe is trying to strangle us all in our sleep, I had no idea things would grow that well!

Unknown said...

Your garden sounds wonderful! The tin looks great! I love the flowers.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Really wish I had a green thumb, I would love to have a garden like yours. You tin is very cute :)

Jenny said...

Oh, I'm so envious of your garden.

Shay S. said...

Love the hearts used to make flowers! Nice tin.