Saturday, March 26, 2011

A first I could've done without

Earlier this week, I got my very first speeding ticket.

Yup. A speeding ticket.

It was Tuesday morning, and I was driving downtown to see Ryan (yes, hon, you may not have been driving but you're still getting some of the blame for this too, Because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been anywhere near that intersection.) I had just dropped Austin off at school and now I had to go see Ryan because he needed his Blackberry which he had left on the couch at home.

I was a block from his office -- coming over the bridge on Gerrard St. E. (just before Broadview). I wasn't going that fast. 56 km/h actually, according to the cop that pulled me over at the speed trap.

The problem? Gerrard is a 40 zone. So yes, that would be 16 km/h over, not exactly a cheap speeding ticket. I was honest with the cop when he came to my window -- when he said that I was doing 56 in a 40 zone, I told him I didn't realize it was a 40 zone (Seriously, why is it only a 40 zone there?). I don't know if that made a difference, but he knocked my ticket down to doing only 5 over the speed limit. So in the end, my little misadventure cost $27.50.

And the inability to never again say that I haven't had a speeding ticket.

No comments: