Monday, November 27, 2006

Again, I say...what spare time?

It's been busy around here these last few days, which is odd because my mother-in-law is gone and I should have free time now that I'm no longer driving to Etobicoke every day. But Austin is not a napper, and lately his naptimes have been worse than usual. So I only get about 20-30 minutes to myself, twice a day. By the end of most days, I'm exhausted and I can't say I've accomplished anything.

But here's what I do know:

- A few days ago, Austin took two and a half steps on his own -- from the dresser in our bedroom towards the bed. Unfortunately, he needed three steps (maybe four) to get there, and went head first into the bed post. For awhile his eye was swollen, now he's sporting a shiner -- and a small, but healthy dose of fear, which seems to be keeping him from trying that stunt again, at least for a few days.

- My mother-in-law is moving back in next week and half of the week after for six more treatments. That means six more days of driving to Etobicoke and six more days of hanging around Sherway Gardens. I could try to get all my Christmas shopping done during that time, but after spending so much time there already, I've decided that Sherway Gardens isn't really mind kind of mall. Or, I should say, it really isn't my bank account's kind of mall.

- 24 baby-free hours is exactly what the doctor ordered to get rid of much of my frustration. And the PCL Christmas party was fantastic. But that probably had something to do with the amount of wine consumed over the course of the evening. Thank goodness for the taxi chits that got us home and for grandparents who kept Austin until Excedrin Migraine kicked in.

- We bought a new lamp for our living room and, thanks to a great Toronto Hydro/Home Depot coupon, it only cost $5. The light is brighter and whiter than the old one so now the flaws in the walls and the cheap quality of paint slapped on by the previous owners is obvious. Suddenly, this $5 deal is going to cost a whole heck of a lot of money.

No comments: