Monday, February 19, 2007

Like a deer caught in headlights

After 55 weeks at home, I am now officially attempting to be a productive member of society again. But it’s going to be slow-going getting into this work thing for the first little while, and quite frankly, I feel a little like a deer caught in headlights. It’s not the culture-shock of being away from Austin and having to ‘work’ again, but it’s the not-knowing what to do with my eight hours here that’s making me feel that way.

In a few days, I’ll have some projects delegated to me, things that have been awaiting my attention or things that will be in-progress and will now be my responsibility. But for now, I don’t have anything to do. I spent the morning refreshing myself with my job by browsing through and cleaning up my materials library. And then I was given a few things to read over, with the excuse that I would have ‘fresh eyes’ on it. But really, several people have come by and said “once you get settled, we’ll chat about (FILL IN BLANK HERE).”

Problem is, until I have all these chats about what’s going on and what needs my attention…I really have nothing to do but look at the clock and count the minutes until I get to go home.

1 comment:

Rob said...

... and plenty of time to write blog posts of course. Hey, maybe you could freelance for Ryan's blog!