Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: sleigh ride to school


(Well almost wordless -- it's hard for the writer in me to be wordless!) What was supposed to be just a couple of centimetres of snow overnight turned into at least 10 cm up by my house. So this was Alex's chariot so that we could take Austin to school this morning. (I actually took this photo near the school, where a little shovelling had been done. The rest of the walk was through unploughed sidewalks and across unploughed streets.)


The sled made getting through the snow almost easy -- except when Austin got tired of trudging through the snow and wanted to ride. Then, I was pulling 75 pounds through the snow. Let's just say I won't need to go to the gym if this keeps up.

1 comment:

Brimful Curiosities said...

My mom used to pull my brother in the sled when she walked me to school. Snow does give you a good workout. Shoveling yesterday erased some of my day's calories.