Friday, January 13, 2012

The downside to being a stay-at-home mom

For all the good things I can list about why I love being a stay-at-home mom, I can list just one draw back right now (ok, I could probably list more but I won't). No sick days.

No lying on the couch in my pajamas watching bad TV and feeling sorry for myself while the work piles up on my desk. Nope, instead I have two kids who are promising to be good for me today while I feel sorry for myself and wish I could lie on the couch in my pajamas all day.

My problem is strep throat for the second time in two weeks. In other words, the first round of antibiotics I just finished taking didn't kick the infection. But at least the first time I was sick, Ryan was on holidays -- at least for the first few days, before the antibiotics kicked in and I started to feel better. Now, no such luck. It's just no-energy me and two high-energy kids.

Can we say movie day?

No comments: