Thursday, September 04, 2008

The joys of home ownership

Last night, after the kids were finally in bed, I went down to the furnace room to clean the cat litter for garbage night. And from the other side of the room, I heard a not-so-subtle drip, drip, drip -- a noise you shouldn't be hearing in a room without a sink.

Sure enough, water was dripping from the ceiling. I called Ryan to investigate and after some poking around he figured out where it was coming from, and the news isn't good.

Directly above our furnace room is our bathroom. And the part of our bathroom that's dripping appears to be from behind the shower wall.

I promptly called a plumber.

And by this time tomorrow some guy will likely be hammering a hole through my bathroom tiles to get to the pipes. At least I've always wanted a new bathroom in the house. And by default, I may soon get one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, sorry to hear that - hope everything goes well!