Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I have two arms again!

I saw the doctor again yesterday and it's the first time I've seen a doctor in four visits where I haven't been warned about the need to go to the hospital if it appears to get worse.

In other words, I'm officially on the mend.

I'm still on antibiotics for another six days. And I still have some pain and swelling, but I pretty much have full use of my arm again -- which is a relief. Because it means I can care for the kids by myself again.

I still have to remind Austin to be careful of my arm when we're doing things (because the elbow still hurts to the touch) and I still can't carry Alex in my left arm. But at least I can use two arms to pick her up. Things get kind of interesting when you're trying to pick your 11-month-old up off the floor using just one arm!

Hopefully, when the antibiotics are done, this infection doesn't persist. I don't think I want to go through another week like last week any time soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear this, Deb! :D

Vone said...

Great to hear. We'll have to get together next week.

Anonymous said...

Jeez Deb, can't you kids stay well when we go away?! I'm really sorry to hear that you've been going through all this. I hope that you're doing much better soon.