Monday, March 29, 2010

Muffin Tin Monday -- Blue/Purple

We actually did our blue and purple muffin tin early last week. It was a rainy day and the kids were going squirrly by 9 a.m. (so I knew I was in for a long one) so I tried to stimulate a day-long game. It was blue day.

The three of us dressed all in blue, we had a blue toy treasure hunt and we ate a blue (and purple) lunch. For the most part, the game was fun -- but by 7 p.m. when Ryan got home the three of us had definitely had enough of each other. Rainy days are hard to turn into fun days, no matter what you try.

So, for our blue (and purple) lunch, we had:



Blueberry yogurt, bread with (dyed) blue cream cheese, Babybel (Ok, I know -- and Austin so pointedly informed me -- that Babybel is yellow, no blue. But we were getting desperate trying to find things, so we went with the fact that it had a blue wrapper.), blueberries, grape Jello and blue Smarties.

Austin, like usual, gobbled everything up. Alex gobbled up the yogurt, blueberries and Smarties but she wasn't overly interested in blue cream cheese (I can't really blame her) and she thought the Babybel was more fun to play with than eat. And, I discovered that she doesn't like Jello -- at least she doesn't like purple Jello. Oh well, more for me!

Check out what other people did for MTM over at Muffin Tin Mom.

Muffin Tin Monday at Her Cup Overfloweth

11 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Doesn't like purple jello? gasp! ;-) Maybe it'll grow on her...
I love how you turned the whole day blue!

Unknown said...

I have days like that too. Nice Tin!

Mama to 5 said...

jell-o didn't think of that good idea!

Kelly said...

Nice tin! I think rainy or super cold days in spring are even more difficult since we've all got spring fever!

Melissa said...

I died cream cheese green for my oldest son's St.Patrick's day lunch at school and he wasn't very thrilled about it either. LOL

Nice blue lunch! Rainy days are always blue to me. ;-)

Unknown said...

Cute Tin!

The Ross Family said...

My kiddo didn't like Jello when she was younger but now she loves it especially the jiggle beans at Easter. Great Tin

w said...

if you leave babybel out long enough... it will eventually be blue.

great tin!

Unknown said...

Great tin. I wanna play the blue game.

Ladynred said...

looks great yummy tin!

Carole said...

Fun way to beat the rainy day blues!