Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm going to Disney World!

I may be in my thirties, but I'm not embarrased to admit that I fall into that category of honestly believing that Disney world is the happiest place on earth.

Of course, I know there's many other places to visit in this world, and I've been fortunate enough to visit some of them over the years...but Disney World is well, Disney world!

We booked the trip in early March - a really good deal that my dad found in the paper (and we're going with my parents) - but until yesterday, I've had to be quietly excited. And have had to quietly go about planning and reading up. Because the kids didn't know.

Yesterday we told the kids. They were quite muted in their excitement at first. Not because they don't know what Disney World is - because ironically, right after we booked the trip, Playhouse Disney (the TV channel they watch all the time) started showing commercials for Disney World and the kids' mouths would drop open and they'd start asking if we could go. I think they we're a little muted because they were in shock.

After about 5 minutes of Austin asking a million and one questions (when are we going? how long are we staying for? Where are we staying? How are we getting there?), he got up and danced out of the room while singing "We're going to Disney World! We're going to Disney World!"

The excitement really sunk in for both of them this morning, as they asked me another million and one questions over breakfast about what there is to do there. And every now and then throughout the day, one of them would break into song about how "we're going to Disney World!".

I'm excited. I'm really, really excited. It's been 14 years since I was there -- more than 20 years since Ryan was last there.

And even though my kids are the ones who are the kids, somehow, just the thought of going makes me feel like a kid again.

2 comments:

Carole said...

Me too, Deb! Me too!

Krista said...

Jealous!! Have a fabulous time!