Friday, April 29, 2011

Please no rain, please no rain, please no rain

Sunday is my third 10K race. I've been wanting to do this particular one pretty much since I crossed the finish line of my first 10K race in October 2009. (Damn crutches having got in my way last spring).

I'm excited. I'm ready. I can do it. I even think I can do it faster than I did the Zoo Run in October 2010. But please, please, please weather Gods, don't let it rain. Because right now, Sunday is calling for a 70% chance of showers all day.

It's not that I can't run in the rain. I've done it. It's not that bad -- but it's not that pleasant either. Especially when a light rain turns into short downpour. Then it's just downright unpleasant. And since Ryan and the kids are getting out of bed to watch me (it's a 8 a.m. start), they might grumble if they have to get out of bed just to stand in the rain for an hour and a half.

I don't care what the rest of the day does -- but maybe, just maybe, between 7:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Sunday morning, you could all ask the rain to stay away. Or at least stay away from Yonge Street.

1 comment:

Carole said...

Good luck Deb! I'm sure you'll do great!