Thursday, October 19, 2006

Austin's version of crawling

I have a feeling Austin will never 'actually' crawl. At almost eight months, he has figured out a way to get around that gets him to where he wants to go. He gets up on his fingers and toes, and moves like a soldier slithering into enemy territory. He's gotten good and moving quickly, and getting into places he shouldn't be in! So, I guess in his mind, he figures why should he learn to get up on his hands and knees. This video was taken about three weeks ago, and the only thing that's changed is he now moves even faster.

In fact, he's been doing this kind of move for well over a month and is moving on to the next stage. He will easily pull himself up by holding on to my hands or legs and once he's up, he'll put one foot in front of the other if there's something motivating him. He'll even try to let go of my hands while 'walking', not realizing that when he does so, he will fall. He's fearless I tell you.

As a parent, I almost, not quite, but almost feel cheated that he will likely not crawl. I mean what he does is very cute, but crawling seems like such a milestone -- one that he has found a way to skip.

That's alright though -- he'll be running around before I know it, and then I'll long for the days where I could put him down and he'd stay put. So for now, if you ever need to get under a barb-wire fence...Austin's your man!

(P.S. If the video doesn't appear, and you want to see it, go here:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=3700403247326149983&hl=en-CA

1 comment:

Rob said...

I love it! That's crawling for sure dude - he's just a low-rider!