Monday, March 05, 2007

Unexpected day off

After 11 business days at work, I think it's about time I had a vacation. So, tomorrow I'm staying home!

Seriously. I am taking a vacation day.

In reality, it's because I and HR screwed up a year ago when I was planning out the adding on of my vacation time to my maternity leave and I have one day left over from last year. And my company's policy is if you don't use it by March 31, you lose it. And that seems like an awful waste to me, so I decided to take the day off tomorrow.

A Tuesday seems like a rather odd day to choose, but I was taking the morning off anyway to take Austin to the doctor, but now, rather than dropping him off at the babysitter's afterwards and booting it back to work, we'll just mosey on home and hang out for the rest of the day. I'm looking forward to it, because it's totally unexpected.

Although I did bring some work home -- we'll see if I actually do it.

No comments: